Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday Weight Update...

So I am going to be completely honest...I have been terrible this past week!  Emotional eating at it's best.  If it's in front of me, I'm consuming it.  No joke!  I've been feeling down, tired, and just un-energized.  I've been stressing myself out about things at work, at home and at the forefront, I've been down about our fertility issues.  Don't get me wrong, I do not mope all day and curse people with babies in the stores...well, I'm not there yet :)  But I've had some bad days recently...days when I wonder IF we're meant to be parents.  My heart tells me that I wouldn't have this longing if it's not meant to be...my mind tells me that this could be a test and that maybe we're supposed to learn something from this journey and the outcome in the end will be living our lives out, just the two of us. 

I apologize for the rambling there...I don't want to get off track of the main focus of this post.  Well, it does involve fertility, but that's only one aspect of it.

I have been doing a LOT of research lately regarding Gluten Free diets.  Did you know that our bodies were not meant to process Gluten?  Here are just some of the symptoms of a gluten intolerance:

 - Fatigue
 - Stomach issues
 - Depression
 - Anxiety
 - Infertility
 - Nausea
 - Unexplained weight loss

Wait, the last one definitely has not been a symptom of mine :)  But the rest of the ones that I mentioned, I've experienced all and am still experiencing most.  So why wouldn't you give something like this a try?  It's definitely not going to hurt.  I'm sure that cutting certain foods out of our lives will NOT be easy.  It may sound silly, but since I was a little girl, I have had food cravings.  It's gotten to the point where if I don't get when I'm craving soon, I'm going to be a very ill girl.  Once I do get the food that I'm craving, I go on a stint of eating that food every.single.day for at least a week!  I don't know what causes it, but I can just imagine what these next few weeks are going to be like. 

I have to give this a shot though.  I've read stories about people cutting out gluten and/or sugar, and within the first week having incredible amounts of energy...energy that they never thought they would have!  It's going to be a transition, and it will take time, but all-in-all it's going to be for the best.

I will probably have several posts relating to our Gluten Free journey, and I hope you'll follow along.  If you are GF and would like to share your experience or give me some tips, I would love to hear them! 

Wish us luck :)

tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

5 comments:

nanda said...

nice posting...

angel said...

Are you seeking for hot deals on your up-coming holiday in Maldives Hotels ? Then allmaldiveshotels.com is the right choice for you. Here, we gather some popular hotels and resorts that offer a great price. You can find up to 75% discount from hotels’ walk-in rate. Book with allmaldiveshotels.com and enjoy huge saving at hotels and resorts in Maldives. :-)

faizy said...

nice blog
http://how2-lose-weight.blogspot.com/

Becky said...

have you been to a doctor about your "preggo" stuff? I was going through a lot of the same things when trying to get my 2nd child. Even went so far as blaming my hubs (have 1 from a previous marriage). My dr gave me some "happy pills" to help ease my mind of the stress of the world and it worked like a charm. Doesn't hurt to check into it. Hang in there!

Heather said...

Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com