Friday, December 13, 2013

Simple Changes - Lemon Detox "Tea"

 
While I sit here, throat slightly burning and feeling warm on the inside, I'll tell you about my first "simple change".  As discussed earlier in the week, it's time for resolutions and goal setting for the new year.  Well, I'm absolutely the worst about making resolutions and not sticking to, or even starting them!  So I've decided that since one of my goals is to get healthy, I would go ahead and start making a small, simple start, hence simple changes.

Today I'm starting with a detoxing drink or "tea" if you want to call it that.  I've heard about and read about lemon water (which I love cold with ice!) and how beneficial it is when slightly heated for your body, skin, digestion, etc.  So this morning, I went into the kitchen, heated some water, squeezed a whole lemon into it (plus some darn seeds), I added a teaspoon of cinnamon and a teaspoon or cayenne pepper, and guess what?  It's not too bad!  It really isn't...the only thing I'll probably change is I will add a little more cinnamon.  Their is a bite to the pepper, but the cinnamon after taste seems to ease that.

My goal is to drink this every morning for a week and I'll report back with how I feel and if I've noticed any changes.  Hopefully I'll keep it up, but a small goal of just a week should be attainable...even for me!

Have you tried this before?  Any suggestions on ingredients, etc?

tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

No comments: