Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Twenty Fourteen Already?


Seriously, can it be?  2014 will be here in less than a month!  My how time flies...I always heard older people saying that, and I never understood; however, the older I get, the more I believe it.  At one time, you think you've got your entire life ahead of you to do the things you want to do...but little by little the days in that life get closer and closer, and go by faster and faster. 

As we look to a new year, it's customary to set goals, resolutions.  I'll be the first to admit, I set these resolutions every.single.year, but have yet to follow through. Well, for this next year, Josh and I have already listed our "goals"...we chose 5 to work on together, and then 5 individual goals (which are pretty much the same, so could really be "together" goals also).  The only difference in the goals we made this year compared to past years...we didn't set "must meet" goals.  For example, we both want/need to lose weight...but instead of saying "lose 30 lbs or drop 3 sizes", we made the goal of "get healthy"!  Doesn't that sound better than putting a number down?  Would we like to lose 30 lbs and drop 3 sizes?  Absolutely!  But I feel that can lead to crazy fad diets, or just giving up in general.  If we say "get healthy", I believe we're more likely to make lifestyle changes that will benefit us for the rest of our lives.

So does that make sense?  I hope it does, and I hope that you'll join me as I blog about our journey and adventures over the next year (lot's of fun stuff to come!).  And yes, one of my goals is to blog more...I'm not going to say I have to blog twice a week, or even once a week...I'm just going to blog more :)

What are some of your goals/resolutions for the new year?  And what tips can you share that help you to stick with them?

I hope everyone has a great week!!

tealesdigidesigns@gmail.com

No comments: